Monday, February 24, 2014
Heart Ball 2014
This year Michael was the chair of Fellow's Research Day, which always precedes the American Heart Association's black-tie event---the Heart Ball, so it was a big year for us! Michael did an amazing job with research day, whereby fellows & trainees in cardiology all converge for a day of research presentations & awards are given to the best of the best. This years theme for the Heart Ball was Circus. It was a lovely evening. They had circus performers, including an aerialist, a couple folks on stilts, & other performers in full make-up/costume. The event was held at the convention center in the ballroom & although, we've gone to this event before, this year they did an excellent job with the décor & floral design..it was truly gorgeous! It was not all as perfect as we had hoped, as Michael had some wardrobe issues with his tux pants & I had to sew one side before we could enjoy our evening. We did enjoy a lovely meal & visiting with his colleagues, but then I began to feel sick. Ladies, I originally thought it was the tightness of my spanx...b/c let me tell you those things were tight, but it turned out I had contracted the flu from the girls....*sigh* :( Needless to say I got so sick at the end that we had to leave early. After Saturday night (the night of the ball), I slept for close to 20 hrs. on Sunday & now I'm weak, but thankfully better today! Thanks to Michael's mom for watching the girls so we could go to the ball & so that I could recover. Although, things didn't go as planned I am grateful to have been able to attend. Here's hoping Spring is just around the corner & we can put sickness behind us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)




you two look wonderful. You look like a model and I love a man in a tux.
ReplyDelete