Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Almost 5

My Jessie girl will be 5 in just 2 short months!  I'm still a little shocked I have a child this age.  I think 5 seems so grown up to me b/c of the milestone of starting school.  Jessie is very excited to be 5 soon.  Yesterday, she & I were sitting in the kitchen & I asked her if she was excited to be turning 5 & she said, "Yes, mommy, b/c I'm really old now".  I asked her if she was ready to start kindergarten & she said she was excited & that she thought she'd have a lot of fun & meet new friends.  Obviously, I really hope this is the case come August.  Jessie is a very confident child in who she is & what she wants...which makes parenting often difficult; however, it is also very entertaining because she rarely filters what she is thinking.  She later corrected her statements about kindergarten & said she was "mostly excited, but a little nervous."  She still has a goofy side, but she has certainly grown up A LOT in the last year.  She mostly is in control of her often hot temper & she has gotten much better about behaving in general...although we still do have our moments.  I am very proud of the little person she is becoming & I am excited to see what year 5 has in store for my little girl.

P.S.  This has become her go-to pose, she thinks this is what she should always do for pics....poor kid!















1 comment :