Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Great Wolf Lodge

We took Jessica away this year for her big 5th birthday to Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, OH.  We left on Friday, Feb. 27 & returned on Sunday, March 1st.  We were able to meet up with extended family from Michigan at this resort & we all had a blast.  Jessie felt very special.  I had set up a special visit to their kids spa called "Scoops".  Everything there is scented like ice cream & for good behavior they received a voucher for ice cream to use at a little ice cream bar in the rest.  All in all is was a wonderful weekend, although not exactly as relaxing as vacations pre-kid used to be.  We had booked the "Wolf Den" room, which had a little den inside the room with 2 bunk beds for the girls, which they loved.  All kids that visit receive a pair of wolf ears to wear, which also added to the excitement of the visit.  At night, they have a animatronic story time/show where animals sing & a character reads a story.  The girls were mesmerized by this.  For those of you not familiar with Great Wolf Lodge, it is string of family-centered resorts which features an indoor waterpark.  A kids paradise.  Me being the germaphobe that I am was a little concerned about cleanliness, but thankfully everything was extremely clean & very tidy.  Jessica & Ella were fearless in terms of the water park & did not hesitate to do all of the water slides.  They both liked the kid-friendly hot tub, which during that weekend, we had blizzard-like weather & negative temps outside, so it felt good to young & old alike.  She had been talking about having an Elsa party for a few weeks prior, so I knew I'd need to get an Elsa cake of some sort.  I didn't even attempt this considering I had to do all the packing, etc. for the trip.  It was lovingly baked by our local grocery store, but she loved it.  She was of course showered by family with gifts galore & felt special.  When I asked her what was her favorite part of the weekend?  Getting to wear wolf ears was her answer....there you have it, I should have just ordered a pair of ears, I guess :)  No seriously though, we are very thankful to be able to celebrate her birthday in such a fun & extravagant way.  Our Jessica deserves to know how much she is loved & I believe her weekend away achieved just that.  Enjoy the photos!


Our 2 little wolves in our room


Exploring the lobby






The waterpark


At breakfast


Scoops kids spa





















Little wolves howling



Birthday cake time




Inside the waterpark, not the best pics, as it was a blizzard outside & limited light


















No comments :

Post a Comment