Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Jessie is 5

Jessica Marie turned 5 on March 4th, 2015.  Although, I'm a month behind, I wanted to do a posting for memories sake for her.  One day when the girls look back on all these blog posts about them, I wonder what they will think :)

Five years old is the most enjoyable time we've had thus far with our oldest daughter.  Jessica, you are such a funny & imaginative child at 5.  You say things that are so grown up & intelligent, sometimes I forget you just turned 5.  You love life & love to use your imagination.  Your favorite things right now are Unicorns, more specifically, Pegacorns....that's a unicorn with wings, to be certain.  You love pretending that you & Ella are Pegacorns & we often see you wearing wings & a horn around the house.  You continue to prefer to only wear underwear at home, but the wings & horn really round out the look :)  Your favorite books are about unicorns, namely, Uni the Unicorn, Unicorn Wings, & Goldilicious.  You also love anything that sparkles, has bright colors, or has rainbows.  Speaking of colors, your absolute favorite color is blue.  Four & a half to five was a huge transition for you.  You went from a time of being rather reserved & clinging with me to being your outgoing self again.  You've made many new friends at school & church & like to invite friends for playdates.  When I took you to the doctor, your growth looked great, you continue to be 25th percentile for weight & 97th percentile for height.  We certainly see this when you are near other members of your class.  You are a typical serious 1st child & we often have to watch what we say around you or else you will worry about things we discuss.    You love Tuesdays & always say that is your favorite day.  You really enjoy doing gymnastics this day & we always spend the time together "just girls" on Tuesday.  Our routine for Tuesdays has evolved into gymnastics for you, follow by dance for Ella, then a Starbucks run for mommy with cake pops for you girls, you just love this little routine.  We also usually visit the library on Tuesdays to choose new books.  I have to admit, I don't get that much done at home, but we do have a lot of fun on Tuesdays.  You love to dress up & wear "fancy" dresses to church.  You also love to play board games, namely the princess game.  We don't know how, but you often win at this game, we suspect you've learned to cheat.  Speaking of games, you do not like to NOT win....no, I mean seriously.  We've got to work on sportsmanship!  You've come so far with your reading & writing abilities & I am always surprised by how much you have learned.  You often ask me how to spell words & write whole pages of sentences.  I grant you, you still write very large, but still, for a little girl, I think you're bright.  We continue to be so thankful for the blessing that you are to our family!  You are our beautiful, strong, magical little girl, Jessica!









































1 comment :

  1. Absolutely beautiful and I love the treasured memories!

    ReplyDelete