Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 20, 2014

Kidz Gig 2014

This was the first year our girls participated in our church's version of vacation bible school aka Kidz Gig. I had originally offered to volunteer, but due to my working on Monday & Friday, didn't get in on the action this year.  I did, however, end up staying 2 of the 3 days at the girls request & truly, I enjoyed seeing them in their little class & do their little activities.  One of my good friends was the leader of the class so it made it all the more fun to catch up with her & her little girl who is also around the girls' age.  On Tuesday, the girls went right in & had a great time.  On Wednesday, when I went to take them, they were both tired due to being up the night before & didn't want me to leave them.  I had not exactly dressed to stay, but did anyway.  On Thursday, I didn't even attempt to leave & thought why not take my big camera to get a few candids of the girls....I personally will never regret breaking out the big camera or hauling it around to get candids of them....I really enjoy looking back at them.  When I asked Jessie what she liked most about Kidz Gig...she said all the snacks & crafts they did.  When I asked Ella, she said dancing & singing.  Yesterday (Thursday) was crazy hair day, hence the larger flower & butterfly in the girls' hair (which to me was just cute, but since they never allow me to fix their hair, was crazy to them).  I wore pig tails at their request as this is about as crazy as I get....my hair is already a bit crazy, so maybe this looked normal...not sure, but it was what I did.  It was a fun 3 days & I am sure as they get older it will only get more fun.  Thankful for these experiences & for sweet friends who share the love of Jesus with our kids.








Ms. Jessica & Lucy...our good friends & some of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet.



The girls actually sat & listened to their lesson, if you know my kids, then you would know this doesn't happen very often & is photo worthy

No comments :

Post a Comment