Perhaps, this seems mean to some reading; however, I would like to document why we call her Nell....the nature child. She refuses to sleep in her bed. She prefers to sleep on the floor in what she terms her "mest" aka a nest.
She's obsessed with making "mests" outside & often rakes up pine straw or leaves & puts pine cones in it, calling them her dino eggs (She's also kind of obsessed with Land Before Time right now, so that could be why). She has taken eggs from the refrigerator & tried to put them in a nest outside...sigh!! Another incident which influenced her nickname occurred when I was in the kitchen finishing dishes from breakfast & I had allowed both girls to go play in their tree house/playset. I look out to check on them to see clothing and shoes coming down the slide. I ask Jessica why they removed their clothing & she says that they are not girls, they are monkeys & monkeys don't wear clothing. Ok.....I also notice that she has leaves & sticks in her hair & it's all hanging in her face, which is why she now has bangs....that was a little too much like Nell for my liking.
Michael often says he expects to see her down in the woods with a spear hunting...lets hope it doesn't go that far, but I am trying to curb this wild behavior & encourage 1) Wearing clothing 2) No eating leaves, sticks, or plants 3) Sleeping in beds...those are basic right, it shouldn't in theory be that hard, right??
Oh well, despite all of this we do love our wild girl...here's hoping she keeps her clothing on today!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments :
Post a Comment