Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Jessie: Kindergarten

Well, it's official I have a Kindergartener!  To be honest, I'm still a little shocked to see that written, but Jessica is loving her 1st year in real school.  To be fair, Jessica's Kindergarten class is only half day, but it has still been a big transition.  The biggest transition is, of course, attending 5 days a week.  Normally, by Friday, Jessie has a meltdown after Kindergarten.  I have changed my schedule so that now I work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, so on Wednesday & Friday, I pick her up when they let out at 11:40.  Her Kindergarten class is only around 2.5 hrs, but on the 3 days I work, she rides the bus to KinderCare & does an afternoon enrichment program, which reinforces all she is learning this year.  Her Kindergarten teacher at her elementary school is Mrs. Garrow.  She is very warm & patient, all you could want in a teacher for you little one.  Her teachers at KinderCare are Ms. Tiffany & Ms. Julie, they also are very sweet & patient.  All of her teachers this year have remarked on how obedient Jessica is in class & how quiet.  (Of course, I always question, if this is indeed Jessica Passineau they are talking about, but they always respond, "yes, your daughter."  The first day of Kindergarten was very emotional for our family.  I honestly didn't think I'd be that sad at the beginning of the summer, but when the big day arrived I was a mess.  I was thinking about how fast the last 5 years have gone & of all the times it seemed like she'd never be in Kindergarten because she was still so little.  Well, August 25, came & she was so ready & excited.  Michael took the day off & I did also so we could be there for our little girl.  She was very excited to wear her favorite gumball dress & her favorite rainbow leopard headband.  I thought she looked especially cute.  When it came time to drop her off, we each held her hand & walked her to the front door of her little elementary school.  Because of the security at the school, parents were not allowed to walk the kids to their classrooms, but there were plenty of aids to help her get to her classroom.  Jessica grabbed my hand a little tighter as we approached & pulled my hand as I told her I loved her & wanted her to have a great day.  She said, "Mommy, you can come too."  I told her that she had to do this by herself, at this point, barely holding it together!  She began to enter her school and almost went in before giving me & Michael a hug.  He had to asked her to give him one.  With all the emotion & excitement of the day, we decided to go out to breakfast.  Needless to say, I will always remember the feeling of her little hand in mine & her expression before she entered her elementary school that day.  I know she will do great & learn so many new things, but our time together will never be the same again & that does make me a little sad :(  With that being said, I can't help but be a super proud mom!
















































1 comment :

  1. I was also brought to tears! That is one day that a mother never forgets. It is difficult to know that 5 years have gone by so very fast. Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete