Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 15, 2013

22 months

Wow, it seems like last month flew, are we really only 2  months away from Ella's 2nd birthday??  What is she doing at 22 months old??  Trying her hardest to keep up with her active sister.  She loves to practice using her trike & she also enjoys exploring outside.  Maybe, I've been watching too much Mary Poppins, but she loves to laugh!  Almost anything can be turned into a game & an excuse to laugh.  One of the funny things she says right now is, she refers to herself as "you".  Sometimes we ask questions like "who wants a bath, etc.?"  Ella always responds, "you".  I guess we've called her you too much b/c she has started to refer to herself that way, really very funny & cute.  She's a huge fan of greek yougart.  I always have to buy the large pack of it at Sams b/c she eats a carton a day.  I just find that funny b/c you wouldn't think a child would enjoy greek yougart.  Speaking of Mary Poppins, she enjoys this show very much, especially the singing/dancing & tries to sing & dance with them.  She continues to enjoy dressing up & showing off for daddy, especially.  That hair--wild & quite a bit of curl to it.  Sometimes when I give them a bath I scrunch it & put a little mousse in it, it's crazy curly.  Just love it myself, we shall see what she thinks of it in years to come ;)  She's the instigator in the house & likes to get Jessie in trouble by starting trouble & then pretending to be injured.  We are on to this behavior!  She's a particular little thing & likes things her way.  She will eat anything...no I am not kidding on this.  We try to time our Sams trips for when they have free samples & she will try anything they offer....one day they even had jambalaya--pretty spicy & sure enough baby girl wanted seconds.  I am so thankful she's not picky, as Jessie is & it's a real challenge sometimes.  Still working on colors, I have found that the Brown Bear book is probably going to get the job done with her.  She's not interested in flash cards or some of the other color books that Jessie used when she was little, but Brown Bear she will sit through.  I believe that her motivation for potty training will be wanting to wear big girl panties just like sissy.  Often when I am working with her on going potty, my rule is if there are 3 accidents you have to wear a diaper, well, she hates this.  I've had a number of screaming fits from her while trying to get her in a diaper.  When I ask her whats wrong, she says "panties, peez" (please--for those of you that don't speak Ella)....of course, I usually give in as it is pathetic to see her so upset over not getting to wear her panties.  She's a silly little girl & will often try to get me to laugh if I'm talking on the phone or trying to do some chores.  She's our clown!  We love our girl so much, but just wish she wouldn't grow up on us so fast. Enjoy a few snapshots of our 22 month old & have a great day!























































No comments :

Post a Comment