P.S. How'd I light Ella in those? no flash...inexpensive flood lights bought for Michael's 40th birthday party photo booth clamped to a chair in their room & there you have it...turned out cute if you ask me, considering how dark that room is
Thursday, November 21, 2013
It's beginning.....
It's beginning to look a lot like....Christmas! Yes, you read that right, a few week before Thanksgiving, I have to admit, the girls already have a tree in their room. It was not my intention, but when I tell you my story, I think all the moms will understand my dilemma. So I went to Target, which I do quite a bit these days, & they happened to have their 6 ft. Christmas trees on sale for $20. Me, being the bargain shopper that I am couldn't resist this deal, so I grabbed one up for our cart. I knew I wanted to put a tree up in the girls' room this year & I knew I wanted a 6 footer, so this lil' beauty came home with us. Against my better judgement, I allowed Ella to pick which lights she wanted. She, of course, wanted multi-colored lights.....gasp! I can't believe I allowed this, I'm not a fan, but it's in their room so they should have what they want. I realize some of you reading may not understand, but I believe Christmas lights should only be white! It's been a battle b/w Michael & I since we got married. I don't know for whatever reason I just think as adults your tree should have white beautiful lights on it, not multi-color. I digress...So anyway, my original intention was that I would put the tree up in our attic until after Thanksgiving; however, the girls had other ideas. Knowing that they would be heart broken if I put their "new friend" Mr. Christmas tree away....I put it up for them & we decorated it for their room. I will say it has worked out well as a way to get them to go to sleep at a decent hour. They love to sleep on the floor in front of it & look at it until they fall asleep. We really haven't had any trouble getting them to go to bed recently & I credit Mr. Christmas tree for that. But you guys know the thing I love most about the tree....is the Christmas light bokeh...you know that blurry light thing it does in the background when a child is placed just so in front of it & they are in focus, but the tree itself is out of focus. I love me some Christmas light bokeh! See below pics of Ella...puts me in the Christmas spirit :)
P.S. How'd I light Ella in those? no flash...inexpensive flood lights bought for Michael's 40th birthday party photo booth clamped to a chair in their room & there you have it...turned out cute if you ask me, considering how dark that room is
P.S. How'd I light Ella in those? no flash...inexpensive flood lights bought for Michael's 40th birthday party photo booth clamped to a chair in their room & there you have it...turned out cute if you ask me, considering how dark that room is
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)















No comments :
Post a Comment