Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thanksgiving crafts

Our normal day includes approximately 2-3 hours of "school" at home.  Never in a million years would I have thought I would need to essentially home school my preschoolers, but if I don't...they get bored!  Thankfully, they like even the most simple of crafts, which is good, because my crafting skills are not stellar :)  You know you've become one of "those" moms, when you find yourself saving toilet paper & paper towel rolls, no like obsessively, guys!  Most days we try to do a Bible story & then a craft linked to the story, but often our crafts include a season/holiday theme.  On the day I decided to snap some pictures we were working on Thanksgiving crafts.  Previously, we made the Mayflower using handprints:http://www.pinterest.com/pin/94153448429313700/, a footprint turkey: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/94153448429883056/, we also made indian corn using q-tips to paint kernels, good for hand/eye coordination & fine motor skills, all good things for little ones: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/74027987596325035/.  For the toilet paper turkey craft, there are numerous ones out there, most say just glue the hand prints to the roll, but that was tricky for my kids, so we opted to make a 1/2 circle to glue handprints to & then cut slits in the roll so we could slide the feather part into the roll.  Super easy & balanced so it stands upright.  As for the pasta necklaces, I used large rotini shape.  To dye the pasta, place it in Ziploc bag with 3-5 drops of the food coloring of your choice & a couple squirts of hand sanitizer (yep, you read that right, found this out on Pinterest & it works great).  Jessica loves to make pasta necklaces & Ella also is getting the hang of it.  She needed help holding the shoe lace straight & then she could thread on the pasta. In case you're wondering I tried to make a turkey medallion for the necklace using cardboard, but it was kind of a failure, but the girls liked it anyway.  I feel as though I am single handedly keeping the dollar store in business with all our crafting.  We do have fun though, so I guess it's all worth it!



1st Toliet paper roll turkey:























2nd Thanksgiving pasta necklaces:

 

















No comments :

Post a Comment