For Christmas Eve this year, we had planned to go to the 3PM service at our church in hopes of avoiding the more crowded service times...but best laid plans... We arrived to the service & it was so crowded we ended up sitting in the overflow area, but it was still a lovely service. My most favorite thing about our service is ending it in candle light singing Silent Night. Gets me every year! The girls of course looked adorable...although they didn't exactly wear the Christmas dresses I had bought them, they wore some lovely dresses with velvet tops, so they looked beautiful as usual. After our church service, we arrived home & had my friend Allison & her family over for dinner. It was so fun & the kids had a great time playing together. I had gotten a prime rib to make from one of our specialty meat markets (T-bones, for those interested) & we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Before the girls went to bed, we of course, left cookies for Santa & carrots for the reindeer. The girls had helped me make the sugar cookies & decorate them earlier in the day, so they were quite proud to be leaving their cookies for Santa :) We did have a slight problem on Christmas Eve, as I forgot to put a tub of vaseline up higher & both girls ended up playing with & getting an entire tub of vaseline in their hair, on themselves & on Jessica's bedding before they fell asleep....Santa almost didn't come after this little stunt. Following the girls rather late bedtime, due to their sheer excitement & the mess we had to clean up, we got to work playing Santa. We carefully placed the presents under the tree & filled the stockings, while I tried to remember what I had wrapped in each gift. It was certainly a wonderful night...except for the vaseline incident & when you see the Christmas morning pictures, their greasy hair will make more sense, now that you know the story :) God continues to teach me that my perfectionism is only an illusion & my kids teach me patience every single day!
PS I was able to grab these quick shots before church & the vaseline incident to document their cuteness :)
Cookies for Santa, carrots for the reindeer
Yep, that's a hook you see in their stockings...it was a pirate princess kind of Christmas for our girls ;)
 |
| With all their loot, it doesn't look like that much in comparison to that huge tree, but I assure you the girls got a haul as usual! |
No comments :
Post a Comment