Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Jessie & her duck

In our house, even the stuffed animals wear dresses....& of course, Jessie's beloved Duck must be included in her latest photo shoot.  Little Jessie is struggling with life right now.  She's just a little over 4 & I have felt a shift in her behavior since a few months before 4.  She's become a lot less outgoing & has fears, which she didn't have before.  Maybe she's developing a sense of self-preservation & is growing up on me or maybe she's realizing that she's getting bigger & trying to find her place in the world.  I've sensed more angst in her lately & I am so trying to help her cope with this new phase of her life.  Most of the time Jessica seems so grown up to me & then other times she seems to want to be little again.  This clinging to stuffed animals just started again recently & of course, we are supportive to help Jessie feel comfortable (her bed is filled with 10 friends that sleep with her).  To be fair she's had a lot of changes recently: mommy going back to work, turning 4, & a whole new school while trying to finish her old preschool.  We are working through all of it & I am trying to be patient with myself & with Jessie to help us all through this transition.  Just when I think I have this little girl figured out, she throws me a curve ball....parenting is not for the fait of heart or the weak!  Well, despite all of the issues lately, I will say that she & her sister have never been closer or more interested in playing together.  They are so funny in the yard or anywhere for that matter.  I love seeing their relationship develop.  That's all for now, love my oldest!































































1 comment :

  1. Darling Jessie! We are so very proud of our beautiful granddaughter. Just thinking about her makes our day more enjoyable and thankful that she is in our lives. Love Nuna & PawPaw

    ReplyDelete