I just realized yesterday that I haven't shared any pics of this year's Christmas tree. Well, we did put one up & I did allow yet another needle-dropping live tree into my home. Now some of you are probably like--Shannon is so nice & is from the country, she probably loves real trees. I can't say I don't like the look & smell of a real tree, but when it comes down to it...I truly hate the pine needle clean up that occurs everyday at my house. If I don't keep every single needle off the floor then someone will be eating them (2 someones actually). And then there's the watering issue. Because even though our cat has a cat fountain of filtered water in "his room" downstairs, water from the tree stand is the best! So every day on top of the needle clean up there is watering to be done. Call me a Scrouge, but I'd prefer a pre-lit artificial tree. However, I do not see this happening anytime soon, since the hubs will not hear it. Anyway, it did turn out pretty, despite all the extra clean up, it does look nice. Enjoy some pics of the tree & of my smallest elf.
 |
| I always have to talk Michael out of anything larger than 8ft--that is plenty big in my opinion |
 |
| The "tweet-tweet" on the tree |
 |
| Jessie likes the owl this year, b/c she has a book about baby owls |
 |
| This was the ornament we got the 1st year we lived in Pittsburgh |
 |
| Guess I'm going for a bird-themed tree, didn't really plan that |
 |
| Jessie's 1st ornament from last year |
 |
| I found these at a little shop around town & really like the color & nativity scene on them |
 |
| One of my after Christmas sale items |
 |
| Another one of Jessie's favorites this year |
 |
| B/c we have such a deer problem in our yard, this is perfect ;) |
 |
| Couldn't resist this little tutu onesie on sale at Target |
 |
| Look at that pretty baby...she's so happy |
 |
| Laughing at my "assistant"--Jessie |
 |
| Look at those chubby little thighs...that's a happy girl |
 |
| Yeah, that's why we keep her away from the tree, she wants to pull everything off of it |
 |
| Not so sure about this Christmas tree thing |
No comments :
Post a Comment