What can I say about 9 years together as husband & wife?? Well, I guess we are definitely not newlyweds anymore--truthfully, we probably haven't been for sometime. Where did 9 years go & how are we so fortunate to continue to love each other when so many others have suffered broken marriages?? I continue to be amazed to see how God has used each of us to better the other & how we've been able to overcome adversities & celebrate great joy while maintaining our marriage. It must not be easy in today's world as I know many more intelligent & accomplished folks who can't make it work. What am I most thankful for this year as we celebrate 9 years together?? That we still talk like friends, enjoy time together, that we still can make each other laugh at the silly things we say, & that we both feel secure that the other one would step up to support the other if something unthinkable happened. Most importantly that we each put God's will at the forefront of our marriage & household. Michael--thank you for loving me steadfastly & for always putting my needs/desires above your own. You are a wonderful husband & I am a very happy woman. Thank you for giving me a life that I never knew was possible for me. Thank you also so much for loving our little girls & for all the times you rush home to do their baths for them or take Saturday to spend with them so I can go out to regain my sanity. Thank you for working so hard to provide so well for our family, I know you are tired many nights because of everything you deal with during the day. Anyone reading can see...I could go on & on, but I will not. Just know that if you are reading & you are as lucky as I am, you should thank God for what you have because it is a rare thing to have someone by your side that would go to any length to make you happy. I am a very blessed woman indeed & that is what I always reflect on when our anniversary arrives. Love you babe & I look forward to many more years together!
P.S. If you're reading and you want to know about our first 8 years check out my
blog post from our last anniversary. This year we celebrated our anniversary a little early with a wonderful trip to Brazil (you can read those posts
here &
here) & we will celebrate a little more this weekend with a nice dinner out.
 |
| August 2003, ah....we were so young back then |
 |
| Age has definitely increased, although, I'll take a few smile lines in return for the happiness we now know as a family ;) |
 |
| Anniversary trip to Brazil June 2012--at the foot of the Christ statue in Rio |
No comments :
Post a Comment