Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween cookies

I will say that Halloween is not a baking holiday for me normally, but I think since I got a really cute ghost cookie cutter--maybe it is now!  I used a different recipe than I usually do to make these cut-out cookies, I used a cream cheese roll out recipe & it is delish :)

Cream cheese roll-out cookie recipe
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
2oz melted chocolate (I used white chocolate for this recipe)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla & cooled melted chocolate. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture. Divide dough into two pieces, cover and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut in to desired shapes using cookie cutters and place the cookies at least 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are firm. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks. 

Ms. Jessica was all excited, not so much about making the cookies, but about the fact there would be some "cook-cook"s to eat very soon.  
Yeah, I know I probably shouldn't let her do this, but she thought the dough was great :)
That's right, why buy 5 lbs of flour when you can have 25 lbs for the same price, gotta love Sams!
Really easy to roll & cut
Getting ready to go in the oven

She was interested in trying to cut out a cookie

It didn't go perfectly, but you gotta start them young!
She wanted to eat one right away so I put chocolate chips for the eyes

Mmmmmm, they were a hit
Here are some of the little guys decorated

I know, it may be too much, but I had fun writing "boo" on them
That pretty much sums up the most fun part of the day for us.  Michael is still a little under the weather & I think the girls are still trying to catch up on their rest.  Hope you all have a great Thursday!

No comments :

Post a Comment