Saturday morning started off with us waking up to the usual hunger cries of 2 little girls, but also to the 1st snow of the season. There is a certain peace & almost eerie quiet about nature when it snows and you can almost know without peaking out the window that there is snow on the ground. Here's a view of our front yard, (deer, of course, are out in full force).
I guess it's ok to the northern folks to have snow on their Jack-o-lantern, but this southern girl was not amused.
Jessica was amazed by the white stuff outside & wanted to go out to play. Michael took her out to explore & for her 1st sled ride. She was so funny all bundled up in her snowsuit (thank you to Cousin Hannah for the pretty pink snowsuit).
 |
| Very curious about the "no", well, close enough to snow, but she knew it was cold |
 |
| Look at this, she was so bundled she could hardly walk :) |
 |
| About to venture out into the cold, wet snow |
 |
| With Dada |
 |
| 1st sled ride in the front yard |
 |
| Heading off into the woods, probably not enough snow for a true ride, but fun anyway |
Little Ella girl was not so adventurous and didn't go out in the snow, she just practiced her brushing.
I also noticed this weekend that I don't have too many pics of Ella and I together. So I took a few of us.
 |
| Difficult to judge where your head should be in a picture with the timer set |
Ella also had sweet potatoes for the 1st time. She has been less than enthusiastic about eating cereal from a spoon & didn't care for any green vegetables, so I thought I'd try sweet potatoes. Hopefully we are going to be eating real food soon enough, she's up to the max on formula per day, so we need to eat!
On Sunday, we enjoyed a lovely service, despite the fog & 32 degree temperatures and a nice evening of fellowship with our small group. That pretty much sums up the weekend. I've got 2 hungry little girls to feed. Hope you all have a great Monday!
No comments :
Post a Comment