Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ella is 1 year old

Well, what can I say about Ella's 1st Birthday??  I always find 1st Birthday's to be sweet & wonderful, but it's also bitter sweet as your baby is now a toddler & leaving the baby days behind.  Ella girl at 1 year old is precious!  She is happy, most all of the time & loves to eat.  She's so interactive these days & a load of fun.  She loves to laugh, especially at her sister & also loves to copy her sister in most everything she does.  She really enjoys the swing right now & also loves water--of course, I'm still very cautious with her near water as the accident with her was only 3 months ago.  It's been a big year for our family & for our Ella.  So many firsts and so much more love in our home thanks to her.  Some of the big firsts for the year was 1st smile 3 & 1/2 weeks old, 1st solid foods 5 months old, 1st steps a few days before her 11 month birthday, & 1st word Dada at around 9 months old.  She also says swing, bath, & ball--no seriously, she does, in addition to bye-bye, dada, mama, & baba--we think she's gonna be our little chatterbox!  I am so very thankful to have been able to experience these things with her.  The thing I love most about a 1 year old is seeing their little personality develop.  Ella has a big personality, she's happy & friendly, but does like her way!  She will go to other people, but prefers me & dada.  She enjoys being chased as she crawls as quickly as she can & likes to hide in the tent in the playroom when she & Jessie are playing.  She dislikes a dirty diaper & does not like to be hungry!  Baby girl can eat like her dada.  Her favorites are carrots, peas, mac & cheese, & dairy of any kind.  She's in size 4 diapers still & wearing 12-18 month clothing.  She's right around 25 lbs or so & has gotten very tall.  She's wearing a size 3 shoe, although some 4s are starting to fit.  She stills prefer to crawl, although, she can walk, is just too lazy ;0)  Although, she was unexpected, I have found that she brings so much joy--I now wonder what I was so worried about before she arrived.  I had so many concerns that Jessica would suffer or that I couldn't handle a second baby, but really she has just enhanced our life in so many ways.  We love her more everyday & just enjoy seeing her personality become more prominent.  Now onto all the cute pics ;)  Well, for anyone that has followed my blog over the past year, you know I've got a fair number of pics to document her 1st year....hehehe (guess that's a slight understatement, try close to 2500).  Here's a slideshow to review her 1st year, I couldn't think of a better way to showcase our little girl than this, I hope you all enjoy (it runs approx. 10 min.)!  I made it with iPhoto & blogger wouldn't let me upload a larger version, but on my MacBook it's awesome, sorry for the quality here.  A big Happy 1st Birthday to our beautiful daughter.


Our birthday girl :)

Here are a few pics of Ella enjoying her birthday cupcake with Dada yesterday.  Eventhough he can't be here today, she loved having Dad help her with her cupcake & sing Happy Birthday!
Love this little chubbers

What am I supposed to do with this dada??

Look at the face


Well, of course, Jessie had to get in the mix also

She litterally went right for it as soon as dada sat it down

No problems with sweets, girlfriend loves them


Laughing at her sissy

She favors the mother in this one


Me & baby girl

I apologize for my appearance I had been cleaning all day ;)



Who could resist that little smile



Love this one

Mama...I would like some more!!!

Please, mama

No comments :

Post a Comment