Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Michael!

Well, today is my husband's 39th Birthday (hope he doesn't mind that I shared his age;)  I don't really know where to start in describing how this last year has been.  We've shared so many wonderful things in our life & with this last year--I can't help, but be nostalgic about this time last year.  I was 38 weeks pregnant for your birthday last year & I couldn't eat, but I made you surf & turf & wow did you seem to enjoy it!  You had helped me cross the finish line of my 2nd pregnancy & we knew we would meet our little baby in just a week.  You were doing well in your career, of course, & had the respect/deference of a man a decade older than you.  We were in a great small group through our church & we were growing as a family according to your Godly guidance in our home.  Fast forward one year, through all the stress & difficulty of having a year with 2 under 2, I feel like you've grown as a man/husband/father in ways that you may not even know.  You are more patient with me & with the girls than you were before we had 2 kids & you always make the girls & I feel special.  I really love that you take the time to show both girls attention & love in a way they can understand.  This year, there are no babies on the way, but our little Ella will be 1 year old in 1 week, so many firsts this year that we've shared as a family & so much love.  As for your career path, well, you've excelled as usual & become known as one of the regions stars in gene therapy (see this link for a great article concerning genomic medicine--Michael is quoted 1st, it means he's the expert in this area ;)  Despite all of your success, you have kept yourself grounded with your faith.  Your work with the Parush project & your support of many ministries is a testimony to where you heart is as far as advancing the Kingdom of God.  I am so very proud of the man you are & so happy that I can help you celebrate your birthday today!  I won't continue because I'm not as eloquent a writer as you are, but just know that I am very proud to have you as my partner in life.  You the best husband I could have ever hoped for & the best daddy I can think of for our precious daughters!  I love you more!  Enjoy some pics of Michael through the years & with our little Ella from last night--I tried to be totally nonchalant about taking these, but I think he knew he'd end up on the blog today...hehe ;) A handsome devil, in addition to all these other things, aren't I a lucky lady??

Around 3 or 4 years old with his Dad

I think he was 16 or so in this one with his fam

2003 at our wedding

Can't believe it will be 9 years this year

At Jessie's 2nd Birthday this year

With his 1st born Jessie

With Ella last year in the hospital, she was 1 day old here

I think this was one of the outtakes of our Christmas cards....hehe ;)

Our 8th wedding anniversary at Tara Inn last year

With baby girl last night

Look at the love!!

Such a great dad

No comments :

Post a Comment