Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 18, 2013

My almost 3 year old

This age with Jessie is just getting more fun by the day, yes, also more tiring, but the little conversations we now have are great.  I am so proud to announce that she is fully potty trained, no diapers anymore.  She can even go through naps (which are almost nonexistent) & 95% of the time overnight without having an accident.  She is living on fruit, chicken nuggets & grilled cheese sandwiches cut into different shapes these days---but hey, I figure in time she will enjoy a wider variety of things.  She loves, loves art...I can't tell you how much we spend on art supplies (dada knows all about that :).  She can even use a regular paint brush to paint anything she wants.  She is working on her skills with scissors.  We were going through a time with tantrums for a few weeks, but that seems to mostly have subsided, thankfully.  She has gotten much sweeter when it comes to her interaction with her sister.  She now "helps" me with her all day.  If Ella has a diaper, Jessie now wants to help change her....she can even put the velcro on without a problem, although, diapers rarely stay on Ella these days...that's a whole other blog post.  Some of her favorite shows are of course, Cinderella--the movie, Curious George--the show, Alice in Wonderland & Mary Poppins are new favorites.  As I said in my previous post, she's very blunt with the things she says.  Her hair is kind of a mess, it doesn't matter how hard I try, the texture is so fine, it never really does anything besides fly away :)  A favorite treat, for extra special behavior, is a milkshake, usually she wants strawberry.  Tooth brushing is getting easier, so thankful for that, it was a struggle for so long.  She now wants me to snuggle with her at night before bed after we read her books, she has on occasion fallen asleep snuggled against me & I have almost fallen asleep myself!  She knows her alphabet song & can reliably count to 10.  Working on actually counting objects & understanding less vs. more.  She really enjoys cooking with me.  When we bake cookies I always let her help me measure the ingredients & get everything out of the cupboard...she is very careful when she helps & it is a source of pride for her when she eats our baked goodies.  That's about all I can think of that I might want to remember.  She's a real joy these days & I am just trying to spend as much time as possible with her so that I enjoy each moment.  Thankful for all the happiness she brings to our home.  Enjoy a few snapshots of our big girl & have a great day!































































No comments :

Post a Comment