1) the recipe I will share that I found online was enough for 6 ornaments (they said 3 on the website, but I got 6)
2) Mix the dough....a lot!! I ended up kneading it like I would bread dough by hand & knead it a lot!!
3) I baked mine at 170 for 1 hr. & then let them harden for like a week, just to be sure they were hard as I knew I'd be shipping them in the mail
4) I used a straw to make a hole at the top to insert the ribbon, just like the recipe said, but you may need to enlarge it to get the ribbon through
5) Mine don't have perfect edges, but I kind of thought that added to the homemade look of them, so I didn't redo them
Here's the website I found this on & the recipe below:
4 C flour
1C salt
Food coloring
Mixing bowl--large
cookie sheet
Just a tad of water to moisten the dough
Cookie sheet
Small amount of oil to oil cookie sheet
Rolling pin or wooden dowel
Drinking straw to make the hole for the ribbon
Ribbon
Paint or glitter to decorate
Gradually blend the salt, flour, & small amount of water with the salt/flour mix until it resembles fresh pizza dough, you don't want too much water, but enough so you can roll out the dough & make handprints in it. Knead this dough a lot, the more you knead it the smoother it will become. If you're adding any food coloring put that in & knead it until the color is evenly distributed.
I forgot to take any pics of the girls actually putting their hands in the dough, but here are the finished products minus the ribbon that I picked up later. I did some white/red swirl, some pink, & some purple glitter. I hope that the grandparents & dada will enjoy the little handprint heart shapes....I think they're pretty sweet! Here's the poem I included with them to each set of grandparents & to dada :)
This isn't just any handprint
as you can plainly see
For it is a special heart handprint
Made by me
Along with this handprint
I send lots of hugs & kisses your way
And ask that God bless you on this
Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day 2013






No comments :
Post a Comment