Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween cupcakes

These are easy enough for the shortest attention spans!  I got this recipe from my MIL & it is very simple and tasty....only 2 ingredients (well, I guess 3 if you count the chocolate candy pieces :)  I love to bake with Jessie, but I often find that she only has a very limited attention span for measuring, etc.  That's why this recipe is so simple.

Pumpkin-Cake Mix Muffins (Cupcakes):
1 can 15 oz purree pumpkin
1 box cake mix (your choice)
chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, butterscotch chips, candy, etc.

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix pumpkin & cake mix together until well combined (Jessie loves to mix for me).  Then add in chips, if using.  Place in muffin tin & bake for 15-20 min. depending on your oven.  Mine usually bakes for around 18 min.  Cool, then frost & decorate as desired!

This is all you need...I added the Reese's pieces to be festive for Halloween & the pumpkin cupcake liners were a must!
When I first heard about these from my MIL she called them weight watchers muffins, so they really aren't that bad for you either, which is also nice (although after I added the candy & the butter cream, that may not be true :).  Enjoy a few pics of our Halloween cupcake experiment & have a wonderful day!

The batter is very thick

Despite no addition of eggs, etc.  they do indeed puff up nicely


I found these cute ghost decorations on sale at Walmart

Our masterpiece--I used a very basic butter cream frosting recipe

My cupcake critic





Looks like she likes it

Because our neighbors don't get out much we always take them some also...they are 80 & 85 years old & I believe that teaching the girls to be kind to others is important even at this young age


Daddy may get one....if he hurries home :)

No comments :

Post a Comment