Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Card outtakes 2012

In addition to getting our Christmas tree this last weekend, we also attempted our Christmas card photo...I grant you I'm behind, but better late than never & if you're on our list I assure you they'll be on their way by the end of the week/early next week!  I always think this is not going to be so bad, but trying to get everyone wrangled & get the camera on a tripod with the timer set is kind of a challenge.  All-in-all it was a success, but not without it's crazy moments.  How did I get the girls to look at the camera??  Look at this link here on how to make a scrunchie look like Elmo to fit around the lens on your camera....it worked, mostly:)  Take a look at some of our outtakes.  I hope this encourages other moms to try family pics for yourselves, I grant you it's a lot easier to just hire a real photographer, but this way is a lot cheaper :0)  I'll save the Christmas card photo for another post.  Enjoy & have a great day!

Camera stuff: 85mm lens ISO 200 f 4.5 1/100-1/125 ss, this lens is extremely sharp at 4.5 & this provides a deep enough field for us all to be in the pic, Since it's a prime I just made sure I had Michael in focus--he was the stationary point to focus on & then got the girls & myself in the photo.  I took about 60 pics using my timer set on continuous (you can set it to fire 10 pics off before you need to reset the timer & then you have a 10 sec delay to run like crazy to get in the pic) to get about 4 that were good, but hey, it only takes a short time :)

This pretty much sums up my experience, running to get in the pic while carrying a child








Jessie's not looking, but I still like this one, I cropped it in a portrait orientation, just in case you're wondering




Obviously from the new title photo on my old blog, you know I like this one, Michael liked our other front runner better, so that's the one that's on the cards

No comments :

Post a Comment