Whew...has it really been six months since we brought our little Gabriella home. The time has flown, no seriously, it seems like it has gone twice as fast with Ella as with Jessica. Baby Ella as we all call her, continues to be a very pleasant little baby. She really only cries when she's hungry, which is often these days, or when her diaper is messy. Over the last month she has really decided that she should be in the middle of everything also....just like her sister. If she could walk, I'm sure she'd be following Jessica around everywhere. She stares at Jessica all day & gets frustrated she can't do all that Jessica does. Our little Ella girl loves to be cuddled and sometimes begins to fuss just b/c she wants to cuddle. No teeth yet, although, I can see her lower front teeth in her gum. We are still working on the solid food thing. She really doesn't want to give up being bottle fed.....I guess this is a younger child thing...that's what other mothers have told me. Truthfully, I get more compliments on her than I did on Jessica. Not b/c I didn't get compliments on Jessica, but I think Ella probably looks more like my child & not so much like Michael's clone. I think folks were confused if I was the babysitter or Jessica's mother...not so with Ella. Ella likes to be dressed up & made a fuss over. Honestly, I probably don't do this as much with her as I did the 1st time around. She can sit on her own, but prefers to have someone sit with her. I think she's afraid she may topple over at any moment--she's definitely more cautious than her sister ;) She doesn't crawl yet, although, with a combination of rolling & inch-worming, as we call it, she can get around in her own way. She's in several different sizes right now, it truly depends on brand & how many times I previously washed the outfit. Most of the new stuff I get her (which is limited) is 9 months. Although, she is wearing Jessica's 12 month sleepers. She wears size 3 diapers, only one size smaller than Jessica. She's around 17 pounds, according to our bathroom scale...she was closer to 18, but thanks to 2 stomach bugs & her new found mobility she's thinned out a little. Eventhough, she was a huge surprise to us, she is truly such a welcome addition to the family. She is precious in the morning when you go to get her, she's usually awake & rolled over in her crib. She gives us the biggest grins & squeals with delight that someone came to see her. Here's a look back at a wonderful 6 months with a beautiful & sweet baby girl. We love you baby Ella.
 |
| May 16, 2011--her birthday |
 |
| 8 days old |
 |
| 1 month old |
 |
| 2 months old |
 |
| 3 months old |
 |
| Dedication Aug. 22, 2011--3 and 1/2 months old |
 |
| 4 months old |
 |
| 5 months old |
 |
| 6 month photoshoot with mommy |
 |
| Yeah, I probably i-photoed a little too much on this one, I thought it was still cute ;0) |
 |
| Still trying to perfect the color & focus with the new camera |
 |
| It just looked like it needed to be "antiqued" |
No comments :
Post a Comment