Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday

Jessica turned 2 on March 4th.  Can't believe I have a 2 year old child!  Whew, what a whirlwind this last year has been for me & for our family.  Jessica has changed so much since her 1st birthday & it's hard to believe the developmental progress she has made in just 1 year and especially since we brought home our sweet little bundle.  What I love so far about having a 2 year old is the funny little 2 or 3 word sentences she says & how she is a little mocking bird.  Her latest 3 word sentence is "more milk please", which sounds like--mo milk peas.  What I don't love so much is the tantrums & whining.....uggh, there are days where I feel like she's in time out more than she is downstairs with me & Ella.  Our life has changed so much since we brought Jessie home from the hospital in 2010, we didn't even know how much it would change, but I can honestly say that our life is also so much richer because of Jessie (& Ella, of course, too).  Another thing I really enjoy so much about this phase with Jessica is getting to see her learn new things about her world & I also truly enjoy teaching her things.  The simple things in life really do make her happy--a balloon, a cookie, or a stuffed kitty are all just great in her opinion.  A surprise or reward for good behavior is always a great way to get a smile out of her.  MoMo, as you all probably know, is still her best friend & she must have him in order to sleep.  We are still working on her pacifier habit (I know, of all people, I should have already gotten rid of the paci, but it's hard & we do limit it to only naps/bedtime).  Potty training is coming along, as are her table manners.  She does consistently say please, but thank you is harder for her.  She would live on fruit if I let her.  Just in the last week or so she has started to be able to peddle her little tricycle...so very big!  She loves, loves books & will sit for hours on end (if we hold out) listening to stories or being quizzed on words that she has learned.  Her favorite color is red & loves to wear tutus, even with pants or a footed sleeper on underneath.  Jessica has taught me that parenting truly is the hardest job, but also the most rewarding.  Before her,  I had no idea how much life & my perspective would change, but after her I have a different set of goals & desires.  She has taught me that my home doesn't have to be perfect (neither does my makeup), that mac & cheese is a delicious lunch, dinner, or even breakfast option, and that slowing down to have fun isn't a bad thing.  I am incredibly grateful to have Jessica as my daughter, I'm sure she will continue to teach me more as we figure out this parenting thing along the way.  Enjoy a look back at some of my favorite pics from the last 2 years.
1st time I saw Ms. Jessica

Getting ready to go home...look how small compared to daddy's hand

10 days old--beautiful pic by Munchkins & Mohawks

New family of 3

3 months old

6 months old--baby dedication

9 months old--1st Christmas

1 year old

14 months old--laughing with Daddy

14 months old--big sis

18 months old

2nd Christmas--21 months old


Christmas morning 2011

22 months old--showing me how she prays

Showing me she's 2

23 months old

Jessie's 2

Very big!!

No comments :

Post a Comment