So I know many of you probably don't care about the details of the party, but I wanted to do a post on them just so I remember what everything looked like for Jessie's party. Everything turned out well & we had nice weather for the bounce house, which was great considering we ended up having a great turn out of kids & parents for the party. Our theme was based on Jessie's little "friends" MiMi & Momo, her stuffed monkeys. I had blow up monkeys for the party and the paper plates/party stuff was a tropical theme because MiMi has a flower in her hair like a monkey from Hawaii might have. Monkeys are tropical creatures (right??) and also I guess I just really want it to be warm, so that was the theme. I had gotten a 42 inch tall Monkey balloon that we tried to play tape the belly button on the monkey (kind of like pin the tail on the donkey), but that didn't go over very well. The Limbo was a huge hit & almost all the kids got in on the fun. I also made swinging monkey sugar cookies for treats for the kids to take with them as they departed....details, details ;) The little cupcake flags I found at party city were not what I wanted so I went on Pinterest & sure enough found some little girly looking monkey cupcake flags that I copied. I just used card stock & little flower stickers to make Mimis for the cupcakes. The menu was very kid-friendly. I made mini meatball subs, 2 large trays of homemade mac & cheese--a big hit & I'm enjoying the leftovers as I type this entry, fruit, pita chips with hummus, gold fish crackers, juice boxes, sodas for the adults, & cupcakes. I kept the food pretty simple & very family friendly as we all know how picky kids can be. I think that's about all as far as details go. I'll have probably one more post to fully cover everything, but hope you enjoy a look at the party for our little monkey. A huge thank you to family & friends that attended and made Jessie's party so much fun. We had a blast & it means a lot to us that you all came to celebrate our Jessie's 2nd Birthday. We love you all!
 |
| Front door hanger |
 |
| Entry way chandelier |
 |
| One of Jessie's MoMos |
 |
| Some of the pics I took of her for her 2nd birthday & notice MiMi on the mantle |
 |
| Getting ready |
 |
| Tropical themed plates...really wish it was spring |
 |
| What's a party without a giant monkey |
 |
| I had one of her pics blown up for everyone to see--she had wanted to wear her tutu, but got too excited so we forgot |
 |
| The swinging monkey sugar cookies |
 |
| Cupcakes, I was pretty proud of my cupcake flags ;) |
 |
| Our little monkey |
 |
| The littlest monkey getting in the mix |
 |
| Bounce House |
 |
| Part of the spread |
 |
| Look at the goldfish & juice boxes...I am such a mom |
 |
| Happy Birthday baby girl |
 |
| Cupcake time |
 |
| The good Dr. on cupcake duty |
 |
| L-I-M-B-O |
 |
| It got pretty competitve |
 |
| The pic I had blown up for her with MoMo |
 |
| Watching the bounce house go up...thank you Dada for such a wonderful birthday! |
No comments :
Post a Comment