16 months has marked a real change in Ella to me. She now loves, loves to read & will actually sit to do this and flash cards. Her signature move is to "back it up" to get into your lap to read. She backs her little self right into your lap...whether you want her there or not. She also now runs after her sister all the time. She has thinned down a lot & is so strong. She can walk up the stairs by herself, although, of course, I'm extremely cautious when she is trying to do this. She knows most of the common animals/animal noises & we are working on colors. Here are a few other things to remember for the future:
- Loves to be naked like sissy & often removes her own diaper
- Loves mac & cheese
- Dislikes green beans, but likes peas
- Still takes a bottle or ba-ba at bedtime--I know I need to work on this
- She has many words including:
- Cup
- Ba-ba for bottle
- Kitty
- Pup-pup
- Woof-woof
- Cow
- Hat
- Wa-wa for water
- Milk
- Cook-cook for cookie
- Mama
- Dada
- Sissy
- Bebe-for baby
- Bath
- Num-num for food
- Hot
- Cold
- Blue & she does know how to recognize this one
- Momo for Jessie's monkey
- Mimi for her monkey
- Elmo--it's close, but she does for sure know who he is
- Cheese
- Fishy for fish
- Ice
- Bear
- Car
- Chair
- Deer
- Shoe
- Boo-berry for blueberry
- Nigh-Nigh for night-night
- Bye-Bye
When the PA I saw at her doctor's office almost fell out of his chair when I said she knows at least 20 words...I just looked at him & smiled, I said "she's very verbal." I know he thought I was lying, but truly, she does know how to say these words. Although, she no longer seems like a baby at all & I do miss cuddle time with her, she just gets more interactive & fun. She & her sister are especially hilarious together as two little playmates. They definitely keep me on my toes as they are around the house & back & forth between the front/back yard all day. She is clearly the less serious & more funny of the two...I guess she's the typical younger sibling in that way. Just precious with her belly laugh & her giggles--I truly never get tired of spending time with her & watching her grow. Now if we could just get past the late night teething problems....life would be grand!








 |
| Couldn't decide if I liked it better regular or matte, see below--I grant you she's eating a plant, but the color is pretty |
No comments :
Post a Comment