Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 10, 2012

Our fine feathered friends

Recently, Jessica has gotten really into feeding the ducks at our local park.  Most reading in the Pittsburgh area can probably guess which park & you will note that people are asked not to feed the water fowl; however, who could fault a little girl for wanting to feed her "pets".  Jessica & Ella (for that matter) both enjoy seeing the ducks swim over as you approach the water & really enjoy "sharing" their snacks with them.  As Jessie will tell you "Duck like fruit loops".  I grant you it may not be the best thing for ducks, but they do seem to like them & honestly we only give them a handful or so.  Not all of the water fowl are ducks, some are geese, but in Jessie's book that's a big duck.  Here are a few snapshots of us visiting/feeding our friends.  Jessica has actually gotten so into this that she asks to go almost everyday....good thing the park is only 15 minutes away, right??  I actually liked some of these so well that I put them up on the momtog blog for other moms to see--you can see the blog post of these pics here.  I've learned a lot from this momtog blog about photography so if anyone is interested take some time & read some of her tips...really helpful.  Enjoy & have a great day!

You can see our little container of fruit loops near Ella in this one...see it's not so many

They are waiting for their snack




I can't believe how big she is...she can do so many things by herself these days



I grant you I got some patchy light on her face, but sometimes you just want to capture the moment


These are Ella's favorites, the white ducks



Jessie is not in focus, but I still like this one


Baby girl walks around saying "quack, quack" while we visit the ducks, it's so funny

So hard to keep this child in shoes, she always takes them off, oh well, at least she kept her clothes on this time

Just thought I'd do this one in sepia & matte it, I really liked it

No comments :

Post a Comment