Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

Thankful

Some of you that follow my blog may have noticed my lack of posting on Friday.  As I type this entry, my heart is still heavy with the events of Thursday Feb. 9th.  Ella briefly went underwater in the tub, inhaled bath water, and stopped breathing.  I pulled her out of the tub, gave 2 rescue breaths which caused her to begin breathing and vomiting.  I then called 911 and we were transported to the ER to have her checked out.  Long story short...she is completely & perfectly fine, although I feel as though I have aged about 10 years.  It's one of those things you hear parents say all the time, but truly, things happened so fast, I'm still not completely sure how things transpired to cause this near fatal accident.  If you are a parent of small kids please be careful during bath time.  I consider myself a very cautious mother & if this can happen to me, it can happen to you!  I turned for no more than 15-20 sec to grab a towel and it nearly cost me my daughter. All I can say at this point is that I feel so incredibly thankful that she was revived so quickly and that she is as perfect as she has always been.  I am struggling with the images of this day, but continue to remind myself of God's hand of protection on my baby girl.  If you are reading this entry, please remember to thank God today for saving our little Ella and for the children in your lives.  I am truly humbled, thankful, grateful---whatever words you want to use, I am at a loss for words for how happy I am that little Ella is still with us.  She is a special light in our lives and we pray that she would grow to serve God as He sees fit.  Lifting up praise to our Heavenly Father for the grace he showed to our family!
A sneak peak at her 9 month pics

1 comment :