Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 30, 2012

Outsmarting the warden

You ever have one of those days as a mom (or dad) where your kids act like little criminals who keep outsmarting you???  Well, I have those days very often.  I think b/c I essentially have 2 very active, mischievous toddlers who love, love to break out of my ever so carefully placed baby proofing--at this point, I don't know why I even try.  The other day, after I had placed the gate in the great room of our home so they couldn't bother me why I was getting dinner ready, I hear the gate being slammed.  I look over to see both of my children head butting the gate to get it out of their way.  Since I knew the baby gate wouldn't hold them, I decided to try a different form of confinement, one which I hoped they would stay in for a while.  Because I have 2-3 loads of laundry per day, my hampers are always out.  I thought why not put them in those & let them think it was all a big game while I baste my slow roasting beef.  I am happy to report it did mostly work, although Jessica was out of my "jail" within a few minutes.  Ella couldn't quite figure out how to get out, so at least she was confined while I finished working on dinner.  Take a look at my little criminals in their jail ;)

Yep, just in case you're wondering Jessica is naked AGAIN

My little criminal

I'm pretty sure they were scheming how to get out

No comments :

Post a Comment