Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 13, 2012

Nana Bread

Jessica and I have an almost weekly routine of making "nana" bread with the slightly over ripe bananas that we always have.  I've never been a huge fan of traditional banana bread recipes as no matter how hard I tried they always seemed heavy & not that tasty.  After an extensive google search I came across this recipe:


Rich and Moist: Sour Cream Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients
1 stick of salted butter, softened to room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 large ripened bananas mashed ( or 2.5 small bananas)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbl. cocoa powder
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of mini chocolate chips (regular chocolate chips work too)
optional 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Instructions
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with non-stick spray.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well
blended.
4. Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour.
5. Mix everything until well incorporated (about 3 minutes in a Kitchenaid mixer).
6. Add chocolate chips and nuts (if applicable).
7. Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and bake for 50 minutes - 1 hr.
8. Insert a tooth pick into the center of the loaf and check to see if it comes out clean when you pull it out.
9. Remove from heat and allow bread to rest in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
10. Invert the loaf pans onto a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or cold

It really is delicious & Jessie just loves to mash the "nanas" for me.  I'm excited that she now seems to enjoy helping me & seems to look forward to it.  Eventhough, I try not to bribe her all the time in order to get good behavior, public situations sometimes require desperate measures, & a promise to make nana bread if she is good will always do the trick!  Here are a few little snap shots of she & I making nana bread together.  I think Christmas cookie baking will be great fun this year ;)  Enjoy & have a wonderful day!  Try this bread for sure, as it really is the best I've made.

Little sous chef


I love that she & I can do this together

I apologize for my appearance...this was a major cleaning day for me



She just loves to learn new things

The batter is pretty stiff...it will hold up your spoon
Elmo had to help her check on the nana bread
They thought it was looking good

Just had to be sure that it was baking up right
Finished product...don't you wish you could smell this...mmmmm!

My "well-loved" recipe...splattered with chocolate
It's never that thick, but so moist...trust me this is a keeper recipe

No comments :

Post a Comment