Does anyone reading ever wonder about the future...or is that just me?? Will we have flying cars, transporters (like from Star Trek), be able to travel to other planets for vacation, or will robots live & work among us? I know that some of you are far too "cool" to think this way, but really what will 2111 look like?? We live in a country where everyone is always seeking after the next best thing--we want the latest technology, the cutting edge fashion, and the latest & greatest car, house, or insert any possession. I think you get my point and I don't write this in a judging fashion, because I am guilty of this myself. But really--in 100 years will any of these things matter? I think not, what will matter is that we left a legacy on this earth through our children & if we are blessed in that way, our grandchildren, etc. also. A quote I read recently about child rearing said: "One hundred years from now, it won't matter what car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like, but, the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child." No pressure as parents, right? I know I've been blogging about this a lot lately, but I do realize the incredible responsibility that raising a child entails. To think that by being important in the lives of my girls I may impact people 100 years from now, is overwhelming (at least to me :=]). I know it's cliche, but children are our future and it is an awesome responsibility to undertake raising them. I am thankful for such a wonderful husband to help me in this most important task. As I mentioned, in yesterday's post, I've got to get the girls to the doctor and they both need shots. I'll have stats for both to post tomorrow & am very thankful for well visits rather than visits for sick babies. Hope you all have a great Wednesday. Below are some pics of our legacy to this world--our precious daughters....Enjoy!
 |
| Still loves MoMo |
 |
| Drool machine! |
 |
| So serious ;=] |
No comments :
Post a Comment