Some of you may have noticed that I don't normally brag about my husband (not b/c I don't want to--but I know it makes him uncomfortable), but today is an exception! Yes, he's handsome, he's smart, he's a wonderful father, a great friend, a good listener, a very thoughtful and solid Christian man, and he's also a wonderful scientist who works for the benefit of those he is charged to help and/or cure. Today around noon he's giving a talk in the Department of Genetics at the University of Pittsburgh. Now those of you familiar with the relationship between Allegheny General and U. of Pittsburgh know that it is somewhat contentious. The health systems are competitors in every sense of the word. I am very proud that they value Michael's research so much that they are extending the olive branch today so that he might come to share his work with them. I think this speaks volumes about his value to the organization and also to the research community in Pittsburgh as a whole. Yesterday, the girls and I had some errands to run & well they persuaded me to help them pick out a gift for their dada.

I must admit that this gift was not entirely for Michael. He smells great when he wears Eternity, so I think it was also for me :) I guess that's enough about that man of mine for now...I'll show some cute pics of the girls also--I think I'd have a revolt on my hands if I didn't right?? I'll end this section by saying we love you Michael and know you will do great today! Now for the girls: Jessica is, as I have mentioned many times before, a ham. Yesterday I had come up from the playroom to check e-mail, etc. and she was frustrated that my attention was not on her. She decided to perform acrobatics on the couch to get me to look at her.
 |
| She thought it was funny to look at me through her legs, upside down no less |
 |
| Such a little monkey |
Lastly, she loves to play with the stuffed alligator that I got her for the playroom. We call him gator & she calls him GaGa (like lady gaga). She likes to have gator chase her or to have gator chase us. Here's a video of gator attacking me. It's silly, but this is what a do in the afternoons (a far cry from Dr. Passineau, the accomplished dentist--but I wouldn't have it any other way :). Happy Friday to all & enjoy your Labor Day weekend!
No comments :
Post a Comment