For those of you not familiar with 1950s movie titles, my title today is a play on the movie The Prince and the Showgirl, starring Marilyn Monroe and Laurence Olivier (pretty clever, well for me it is;). I have a problem with Jessica right now & I must admit I don't know what to do (well, actually I have several troubling issues with her, teething, manners, etc.), but, well, I think she wants to be a nudist. No seriously, for the last few weeks I've had to keep her in sleepers that have feet and zip b/c otherwise she strips down to her birthday suit & removes her diaper....which has resulted in numerous messes. Now those of you that know about my problem with OCD, probably can imagine that a naked little full moon on my floor is a problem to me. Apparently, she now knows how to take off her sleeper and get into her most desired state.
 |
| The little showgirl watching her "CD" as she calls it |
I was trying to teach her that it's good to wear a diaper by putting a diaper on MoMo, but it didn't work, pretty soon neither had on a diaper...oh well, I gave it a shot.
 |
| I used a left over newborn diaper for MoMo |
So besides being a nudist/showgirl, we are still dealing with the canine teething issue. These have been the worst teeth for her & much worse than the 1st molars, which surprises me. So we do a lot of cuddling in the mornings, before she helps me make the bed.
 |
| Poor baby, she's got her finger on her canine :( |
As for the littlest princess of the house, Ms. Ella wanted to wear a poncho & hat that Grandma Washington made for her & have her picture taken. Well, she didn't so much want to do anything, but luckily she's not mobile or verbal yet & can not protest! I guess I have a little too much time on my hands, but taking pictures of the girls helps me break up the monotony of the day.
 |
| Look at that sweet little face |
 |
| I had to give you a full length shot to see the little cords, cute, right?? |
 |
| So happy |
 |
| Looks like someone's ready for fall |
 |
| Very serious expression, but I like this one, you can see our house in the back |
 |
| Love this one |
 |
| Look at that chub cheek |
 |
| Ok mom, enough already, I'm about to fall over :) |
|
Anyway, that's all for us today. We've got some errands to run and I need to get on with my daily chores. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday :)
I know some people have put their kids pants on backwards and even their diapers backwards but it sounds like she is going to find a way to be nude!! Too funny. Maybe it's a sign to start potty training while she is in the buff. I have read some methods that encourage the kids to be naked from the waist down. Who knows... Good luck!! Also we should get together for a play date! And are you doing MOPS??
ReplyDeleteWe are starting to potty train...Yesterday, she did #2 on the potty for the 1st time--I was so proud. It's funny what makes you proud once you're a parent, right? When are you and Luke available? We've got a dr appt. next wed, but other than that nothing else next week. Also, I wonder if they still have spots available for MOPS...I would like to do it. I'll look into it & see.
ReplyDelete