| There's a little smile in her |
| More content than happy, but I'll take it |
After she rode in the swings for a while--she soon discovered the sandbox. She has never really liked playing in the sandbox before, but Friday she loved all the "cars" and "trains" that are in the sandbox. Although, her favorite thing to do while there was to place the buckets by color into neat little stacks. I know some of you are thinking, well, she may look more like Michael, but she certainly acts like me...hehe!
Here are a couple bonus pics of the girls at the park....as you can probably tell Jessica is still fearless and wants to do everything all by herself! The little sister went also, although she stayed in her carseat or the baby carrier.
Needless to say the toffee & the cinnamon rolls are not low cal in any sense of the word and I ended up using more than a pound of butter to make both. On Sunday, we got the girls ready for church and headed out. I tried to get some pics, but these are the best of the bunch. Jessica was so adorable yesterday morning, she looked precious in this little blue jumper. I am happy to report that eventhough they were both kicked out of the nursery last weekend, this weekend they both got great reports. Apparently, Ella was the best baby of the bunch!
On Sunday evening we have bible study with our friends and we all bring a snack. This week I decided to try a new recipe...S'mores Crumb Bars. It's actually very simple to make & they do indeed taste like S'mores.
S'mores Crumb Bars
3 Cups graham cracker crumbs (I bought graham crackers & make crumbs in the food processor)
3/4 Cup melted butter
1/3 Cup sugar
3 Cups minature marshmallows
2 Cups or 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
Combine the crumbs, butter, and sugar; press 1/2 into a greased 13 X 9 X 2 in. baking pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Top with remaining crumb mixture & press firmly. Bake @ 375 for 10 min. Remove from the oven and immediately press top firmly with spatula. Cool completely (I actually put mine in the refrigerator for 2 hrs. before I cut them). Cut into bars.
| The small group liked these...they are crumbly, but worth it! |
No comments :
Post a Comment