Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rainy Day fun

It's so funny how your parenting style changes as you mature as a parent, right??  I remember when Jessica was really little I would change her outfit like 8-10 times daily.  If she spit up a little on her bib--I would have to immediately change it.  Now that I've got 2 little ones & I guess at this point I'm a seasoned mother--my style has changed a lot.  I've learned that sometimes your kiddos just get dirty & you don't immediately need to change them if they get dirty.  Sometimes it's ok to just let them play.  Now don't get me wrong, of course, they are always clean before they come inside from playing or go down to bed at night, but sometimes it's fun to let them just get dirty & be kids.  The other day when Jessica & I were going out to check the mail she ran over to a puddle & timidly put her toe in it...she looked at me, like "mommy--is this ok??"  I think she was pleasantly surprised that I allowed her to play in the puddle for a few minutes.  To me, the most joy I get as a parent is seeing the girls enjoy the simple things in life.  The fun, excitement, & unskewed wonder of a child is very precious.  Here are a few snapshots of Jessie playing outside on a rainy day in her puddle.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!














Telling me it was time to go in, this is the old backdoor down near our garage
 

2 comments :

  1. She's getting so big, love her rain gear! Beautiful pictures as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora...Love seeing pics of your little Lu--what a beauty she is, like her mommy ;)

      Delete