Monday, June 11, 2012
True Beauty
I think I've done a post on this before, but I really feel like our world has such a skewed vision of what beauty is or should be. I so want my girls to not be obsessed with what others think of their outward appearance & I want them to know that "real" beauty comes from the inside. Both of them in their own individual ways are already very beautiful to me (I know I'm biased, but to me they are). Here's a video I found online showing just how crazy the illusion of beauty is (click here). I want my girls to know that God created each of them in very specific ways & with very specific gifts for a purpose. He endowed them each with individual personalities & talents for a reason. They are beautiful because they are His children! I guess having 2 girls makes me even more aware of all the pressures young women face to try to attain the label "beautiful". I'm sure we've all met women or maybe we've been friends with women (heck, some of you reading may be this type, which you go girl if so) who were labeled "beautiful". My experience with this type is that they were mostly unhappy & very concerned about maintaining this title. I've also met women who most would say wouldn't turn heads, but had a inner light that made them very attractive to others. I know when I was younger I worked so hard to try to fit this mold. I remember getting up like 3 hrs. early to fix my hair & makeup just so before heading out for the day (crazy how times have changed it now takes me about 3 hrs. just to get out of the house with the kids---ok, that may be an exaggeration, but really there's no extra 3 hrs. to worry about hair & makeup for me these days) . I guess where I'm going with this post is that inner beauty is true beauty & that is something I will try to instill in my girls. For now, here are some natural pics of them that I think are beautiful! Hope you have a great day ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment