The 1st day of school went very well by everyone's standards! Our first stop on "mommy's chauffeur service" route was to Ella's baby school. (I had every intention of taking my actual camera with me, but it was raining before we left from home & I wanted to give the girls all the attention they deserved so, I decided cell phone pics would have to do...glad I did staged 1st day pics a little while ago. ) It was so sweet when we dropped Ella off at baby school. Jessie took her hand & walked her in, telling her "now you're a big girl & this is your baby school. " The drop off didn't go wonderfully & Ella cried, although her teachers said she calmed down after 5 min. Because she's so big for her age & the fact that she plays almost exclusively with older kids, they put her in the 3 year old room, which I think was good. They have a huge assortment of all kinds of toys & activities for them & she told me she had fun. When I asked her what she did, Ella said, "play toys, tickle boys"....ok!! Actually, when we went back to get her...I immediately heard Ella laughing from down the hall. She was sitting in the middle of a circle carpet with 5 or 6 other kids around her & they were taking turns tickling her....she's a clown! Next up on my route was to take Jessie to phase-in day at Preschool. Her classroom could not be more adorable & her teacher Mrs. Vuich is as nice as you would want. There will be 15 kiddos in all in her class. She saw some familiar friends & met some new ones. They even got to paint while the parents spoke with the teacher. All the standard preschool stuff, where the bathrooms are, rules, dress code, what they will learn, gym class, music class, & computer class descriptions--blows my mind that this is part of the 3 year old curriculum, but that is our world. The preschool has about 1-2 field trips every season, for which, a parent or caregiver must be present. So I'll just have to be sure on those days that Ella is in baby school. I had hoped to volunteer by being a preschool room mother, but another lady apparently e-mailed before phase-in & took one spot & said she could handle all the responsibilities....back in school we called that being a "gunner". I know I'm being mean, but seriously, isn't that ambitious? Anyway, it was a great day & I'm sure Jessie will learn so many new things this year. They learn a bible verse every month. This month's verse is:
"I praise You for I am fearfully & wonderfully made." -Psalm 139:14
It was so fun to see both the girls proud to be starting school & exciting to see these initial steps in their education. It should be fun year of many firsts & I feel privileged that I get to experience them with the girls!
 |
| Walking sissy into baby school...look at that little backpack |
 |
| It would have been ideal had she not blocked the sign, but it says Eden |
 |
| At her desk |
 |
| Playing Head, shoulders, knees & toes...this is the eyes part, in case you're wondering |
 |
| Jessie, some of her little classmates, & her sweet teacher |
No comments :
Post a Comment