Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 5, 2013

Savoring Summer

With Summer temperatures retreating the past couple of weeks, we are starting to feel like the last days of summer are upon us.  I'm not complaining, high 70s day & high 50s night is pretty much my idea of awesome weather, but, alas, it is not really great for the pool :(  Before you know it summer will be winding down.  My Jessie girl is starting real preschool on Aug. 27th...I can hardly believe it!!  I'll do a whole post on that, but I'm waiting on a special dress to do her preschool pictures.  

My goal for this summer was to take a moment to smell the summer air and relish in these sweet summer nights.  To soak up as many little girl cuddles as I could get.  I think I've pretty much done that, even amid sleepless nights, sicknesses, & the everyday motherhood concerns that I'm sure most reading have.  Nothing marks the passage of the seasons quite like watching your children grow & change.  Both the girls can do things in Aug. that they didn't know how to do in May.  Ella, especially, has exploded with language & is making complete sentences.  She is riding her trike independently & loves butterflies.  This weekend we watched her play & squeal with delight as the below butterfly flew near her.  Hope you all have a great day!





No comments :

Post a Comment