For the last couple of weeks, we've been waiting for the girls' princess beds to come in. We started the process of getting the big room upstairs ready for both girls about a month ago when Ella began jumping out of her crib. As soon as we knew Ella was a girl, I began planning a girly room for 2 sisters. This room has seen many transformations, when we first moved into our house, this was our room. It had berber carpet & yellow floral wallpaper...very dated. After removing the carpet & wallpaper this soon became Jessie's room once Ella was born, & now it is both girls "princess" room. I still have some touches to finish up, but had to post what the beds looked like in this room. This room is great for 2 little sisters in that it has 2 full-sized closets (not pictured) & plenty of room for both of their dressers & 2 twin beds. Michael refinished the floors himself & I stripped the wallpaper & actually painted this room when I was 34 weeks pregnant with Ella....so needless to say, we've put a lot of ourselves into this room. The former nursery is now a guest room, which will be great for the grandparents :) Although, to me it was bittersweet to pack away all the cribs in our house, I know the girls are ready for this transition & they are so excited for their new beds/room. Last night they both slept in the room together for a full 8 hrs. & probably would have slept longer, but Jessie fell out of bed...headed to Target to get another set of rails today. Thanks to Michael for spoiling the girls & getting them such nice beds. I know they will have great memories of this room!
For those wondering, these beds are Young America Isabella line. They are more beautiful that these pictures show. The girls look so small in the beds, but I'm sure they'll soon grown into them :)
.jpg) |
| See that painted over window above Ella's bed, I plan to repaint that & add one of those quotes about sisters...it's painted over due to an addition on the house |
.jpg) |
| The headboard & footboard have this pretty detail |
No comments :
Post a Comment