So, yesterday was the 1st "official" day of preschool. Jessie was so excited to carry her backpack & lunch box! I had let her choose whatever she wanted for both & she is very proud of her Dora backpack & hello kitty lunchbox. I was pulling for My little pony for the backpack, but Dora won in the end. I didn't know how she would do when we got to school to drop her off because all day she had been asking me if I would stay with her. When we got there.....she got her backpack on & lunchbox in her hand & walked right in with pride. She was such a big girl. No tears, no nothing...just a quick wave for mommy & off she went into her new little world. I must admit I kind of wanted to cry seeing her look so big, but I didn't & I know that's me being ridiculous. For memories sake, her class runs from 12:15 until 3:15 on Tuesday & Thursday. For those wondering, what does a 3 year old put in a backpack. The teacher requested we get a large backpack in order to keep a change of clothes in there at all times. She said that they will be making a lot of treasures to bring home & to prevent them from being crushed they wanted the kids to have a large backpack....so large is what we got. When I returned to pick her up, I found that there is a rather strict car pool line with lots of procedures, etc. First, you must speak to a "safety" person & tell them your child's name, then you must pull up & the safety person uses a walkie talkie to contact the teacher, the teacher walks your child out & puts them in the car, but they don't buckle them in to their carseat, you then have to pull over in the parking lot, get out of the car & fasten the carseat buckles. Kind of crazy, although, they claim it streamlines the pick-up process. We shall see. I know one thing is certain, this mama will be there early to get to the front of the line. Her classroom is completely nut free due to several nut allergies...so I'm going to get creative in what I pack for her. She loves, loves things with peanut butter, but I'm sure I can find some other treats sans nuts for her. The first part of their curriculum begins next week with them learning a letter every 2 weeks or so. This next week is the letter "A". Jessie is already pretty confident with her alphabet song & sight recognition of letters (& has been for a while), but I am sure she will learn so much more in school. It will be interesting to see what they learn this year & how the curriculum develops. When I asked her how the day went, she said, "preschool is really, really fun." She said they played outside, sang songs, read a story, & put on their "listening ears". This next week will be the first gym class & music class. The best part of it all is that when she got home, she told me she needed to go to bed, school wore her out. Finally, something that tires this girl out! So very thankful for such a safe & happy environment for Jessie. I know it will be a wonderful school year for her!
 |
| This is what I get when I ask her to smile...try to avoid that |
 |
| Showing off her tennis shoes....thanks to Cousin Hannah for the hand-me-downs..they are in great condition |
No comments :
Post a Comment