Well, I did like how the pics with the available light settings turned out so I decided to do some for Jessica also that can serve as her 22 month pics--technically speaking they may be a little overexposed, but I like that look with these. It's hard to say just how different she is from month to month at this age because it seems like she learns something new daily. Lately, I've noticed that she seems to know things that I don't remember teaching her. For instance, I asked her "how big is Jessie?" and she flashed 2 fingers at me, then I asked "how big is baby Ella?" and she flashed 1 little pointer finger at me....hmmm! Don't know if Grandma, Daddy, or someone in the nursery taught her this or if one of her books did, but I certainly don't remember specifically teaching her this one. She is a very active 22 month old & I've decided to start teaching ABCs and numbers more b/c I'm afraid she's getting bored with all the "baby" stuff. We will see how that goes. She's into animal sounds right now, so we've been doing that a lot & also she continues to like to tell you her colors. I know I am terribly biased, but I think she's a very pretty little girl & she's quite agile. She likes to dance & if you say twist & shout she will do something that resembles the twist. She also likes the hokey-pokey & especially the turn yourself about part. Her favorite song is Row, Row, Row your boat and if asked she will say a boat says this or "tug, tug, tug". She is also learning to fold her hands when we pray at lunch & before naptime. Her diet right now, well, it's a challenge. I know all parents go through this with toddlers, but somedays it's all I can do to get any vegetable in her. She likes to have her teeth brushed (imagine that!) and will lay down on her carpet in her room & hold her mouth open so I can brush them for her when I say let's brush Jessie's teeth. She likes to wash Ella's hair in the bath, it's very cute....I'll have to get a pic of that one. She is also getting much better about playing with Ella & likes it that baby can sort of crawl (this is a story for another post) & find her if she hides. Jessica continues to love fruit & would live on berries (blueberries are her favorite, although, blackberries, strawberries, & raspberries are also good) if I let her. She also loves peanut butter--clearly no allergy with this child! This is a little silly, but she likes me to spread it on her chicken, I know I'm probably a bad mom for doing this, but it's protein, right?? She likes to eat with her little fork, but we are still working on using a spoon. She continues to be obsessed with the moon, so much so that Grandma Passineau actually got her a
moon for her room. This thing is pretty neat & actually a nerdy science toy that teaches about moon phases, so you know her Dada approves....hehe! I think that's about all that's new to report from last month. Enjoy some pics of our "big girl".
 |
| My photography book said positioning your subject at the edge of a pic makes it look more modern |
 |
| Her face is becoming much more of a little girl, rather than a baby |
 |
| Classic Jess...saying "ohhhh, ohhh" |
 |
| I was going to edit the little snotty nose out, but I thought, that's how she is right now |
 |
| Agile, monkey-like behavior |
 |
| Pointing at herself, when I asked "where's Jessie?" |
 |
| Lots of little hand prints on my fogged up door |
 |
| Only this child...would want to open the door to the 20 degree weather |
 |
| The little hand prints makes an interesting background, don't you think?? |
 |
| I just like the hand position here |
 |
| Showing me how she prays |
 |
| Showing me she's 2...well, almost |
 |
| I just liked the light in this one |
 |
| I like the little hand & the ponytail in this one |
 |
| Technically it's a little overexposed, but I like that look in these & her eyes really stand out this way |
 |
| I thought this looked kinda artsy |
 |
| yeah, her eyes are closed, but she looks serene here |
 |
| Just beautiful in this one...like that the focus is on here hair/ear, also pretty artsy for me |
 |
| One of the prettiest & most peaceful pics of Jessica I've ever taken myself ;) |
No comments :
Post a Comment