Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 20, 2012

Setting an example

Parenthood is the hardest job, isn't it??  Yes, it is so rewarding & there isn't a day that goes by that you don't cherish, but it's hard.  I mean you have a little one(s) that watches your every move, mimics you, and looks to you for all the care they need (and they need a lot).  Here's a poem that I found that was quoted in a mother's devotional that I received for Christmas...so true!

"The Little One That Follows Me"

A careful woman, I ought to be;
a little one follows me.
I do not dare to go astray,
for fear they'll go, the self-same way.

I cannot once escape their eyes,

whatever they see me do, they'll try.
Like me, they say, they're going to be,
that little one that follows me.

They think that I am good and fine;

believe in every work of mine.
The bad in me they must not see;
my life to them, must, an example be.

I must remember, as I go,

through summer's sun and winter's snow,
I'm building for the years to be,
for that little one that follows me.
 Also, here are a few pics of the little ones that follow me.   Let's hope I don't go astray too much b/c I know that these two have many good things to do in this world.  Took these pics the other day when it was rainy outside and used a diffuse glow effect to make them look more "artsy".  I've discovered that the light meter in my camera lies...so I have to go for more exposure when backlighting...good to know.  Hope you enjoy & have a wonderful day!
We had been talking about a "choo-choo" in her book & thought this would be cute--below in sepia as well, couldn't decide!


Yep, she's trying to use her feet to lift the thing

The color looked good in this one

Very artsty for me...only her hair & the lantern are in focus

Gotta get the little one in on the action too

Very antique looking to me

Had to include it in color also, that little Ella is just too cute


Just loved her feet in this one & her focus is just like her Dada


Still chewing on everything...was hoping she'd be out of that phase by now, oh well, still cute

No comments :

Post a Comment