My parents gave Jessica a tricycle when they came to visit back in the fall & she really hasn't been able to try it out. So the other day, when it was unseasonably warm for Pittsburgh in January I had to take her out to try it. She's been practicing in the playroom & she kind of knows what to do, but is not quite strong enough to really get it going. Of course, this didn't stop her. She found out that the slope in our driveway is great for just sitting & allowing the tricycle to coast downward toward the road. Little Ms. has a great time & I heard many squeals of joy. As for Ella, well, no tricycle rides yet, but she did like sitting in the wagon & watching her sister. This was one of those rare evenings when I wasn't inside making dinner at this lovely hour & actually got to capture some of the sweet light in these pics. What I found out was that using my prime lens is great, large aperture=very fast shutter speed....almost fast enough to keep up with Jessie & the light was beautiful. I also determined that it's all about the angle at which you take these, too much one way or the other really effects how the color looks. See what you all think. I love me some backlighting at sunset & since I've got 2 birthday girls in a few months, it might be good for me to learn how to do this. I would love to have a pro do them, but 2 pro sessions on location with in 2 months of each other could get a little pricey, no really pricey, so let's see if I can get some that are cute. These times with our girls really remind me why being a parent is so special, you get to share in the joy and wonder of learning new things without the jaded adult world telling you something negative. It's the simple pleasures in life that I've come to cherish more now that we have kids. Anyway, sorry for the sap...sometimes they're just so cute I can't help myself!
 |
| Big girl on her trike |
 |
| Kicking her feet up to enjoy the ride--look at that sunset |
 |
| This tricycle makes her look so big...but actually it's a tiny little thing as is she |
 |
| To any of my dentist friends reading, I know, two pacifiers, I really am working on it |
 |
| That's the sweet light....now just how to replicate it...hmmm! |
 |
| Coasting down the driveway |
 |
| She's got her feet on the pedals here...trying to get it going |
 |
| Michael thinks Ella looks a lot like me here...yeah, she's pulling herself up to get a better view |
 |
| Love that backlighting...love the little girl, also |
 |
| She got totally obsessed with my water bottle, don't know why |
 |
| I know she's not looking at me, but the backlight on the pigtails looks neat |
 |
| Wish I had dressed her better...she's wearing a dirty bib & her sister's hoodie, oh well, still cute |
 |
| Chewing on a stick of some kind...look at that sunset...pretty, at least I think so |
 |
| This pic captures her "tuft" as we call it, her last piece of baby hair that has not fallen out & is longer than all the other |
 |
| They're kind of looking at each other like--we better cooperate or else we'll never get to go in |
 |
| The closest thing to sisterly love we see |
 |
| Sweet light!!!! |
No comments :
Post a Comment