Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby blues

Baby Ella has the deepest blue eyes right now & we all just love them.  I guess I'm especially thrilled since she clearly gets these from me.  I think I've mentioned before, but people often would ask me if I was the babysitter/nanny when Jessica & I were out b/c when she was younger she looked nothing like me (frankly, she still looks a lot like Michael).  That was hurtful to me & I would never do that to someone else.  Can you believe the rudeness of some people??  Sorry about the rant...but as you can tell I'm glad to have a child that actually resembles me.  So onto the nerdy picture talk: Did you ever see that trick in photography where they add "sparkle" to the eyes.  Well, I've figured out that they make the eyes stand out by painting the sclera (the white part of the eye) even whiter & then they sharpen over the iris (the colored part).  Sometimes they even add "catchlights" to the eyes to really make them stand out; honestly,  I was just happy to be able to do the above 2 things.  Take a look at Ella's eyes in these pics...I really think these tricks made her eyes appear super blue & prominent in the pics.  Don't know if this will work as well for dark brown like on my Jessie girl, but I will find out.  ISO 400 f 2.0 shutter speed 1/80 sec for these.  Hope you have a great day!  Oh and little Ms. Baby Blues can clap her hands now, it's so cute, hoping to document that in a pic soon ;)
I grant you harder to tell in b/w, but the eyes do appear sparkly to me


I think her eyes really "pop" here, I grant you the facial expression is not that great, but, oh well!


I think this is the best of the bunch...even got some "catchlights" in this one

I whitened the sclera in this one & sharpened the iris

Both effects applied, pretty well focused too

No comments :

Post a Comment