Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Playing with available light

So I got a new book for Christmas that is called Photographing Children & it has exercises in it to hopefully help you get better at taking pics of kids.  It's very technical & some of it is over my head, but some of the tips/tricks are great.  This series of pictures that I took of Ella I was trying to complete the exercise about using available light to light your subject sans flash.  I don't know about you guys, but flash is something I try to stay away from, so in these pics I was using the large sliding glass doors in our kitchen to light Ella.  Additionally, the white bead board I have--I was using like a reflector to bounce light off the floor and onto her face to light it.  See what you think.  All of the lights in the kitchen were off & it was a cloudy, snowy day around here.  I used a wide aperature f2.8, ISO 400, & 1/60 shutter speed.  Looks like a bright sunny day to me instead of what it actually was.  Anyway,  hope you all had a great holiday season & we hope 2012 is great for you & your family.  Enjoy some pics of our littlest princess!
Of course, I had to use this diaper cover

Sweet little face

Like the little hand touching her chest


This looks sort of "ballerina-esque" to me

I like the position of her leg & foot & the trees outside look interesting

The trees in the background was why I liked this one

Just liked her positioning here

I like how she's bathed in light here

She was laughing at Dada

I grant you the bead board edge is showing, but it's sweet anyway

I took this one at f1.8, love the detail & shallow depth of field

Love how she's just so happy & looks like she's suspended in light here

No comments :

Post a Comment