Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Headband model

Well, you all knew it was coming...here's the 1st installment of baby headband modeling that went on at our house.  I did something new in my editing.  I used a technique to smooth skin that (I think) gives the appearance of baby doll skin.  You've probably seen real photographers do this with newborn & children's portraits & well, I had to find out how they do it.  It gives a stylized, artist look to these pics (that have less than ideal background) proving, that good photography depends on photo editing as much as good technique behind the camera.  I think the headband looks really good, not perfect, but it achieves what I wanted it to.  It sort of has an antique look to it, which I love.  Anyway, I'm sure there will be other shoots to come with these new pretties that I have created.  Enjoy & have a wonderful day!
Staring at Elmo

You can really see the ribbon rose in this one

Sort of a silly little pose & expression, but it's her

Total baby doll, right??

Used layers to smooth skin, retouch eyes, recolor lips, and burn edges

To my dentist friends: Look at o & p coming through, this mama's so proud

No comments :

Post a Comment