So I looked at Pinterest the other day & I guess my motivation was curiosity. I did join & we will see how that goes, but with fb, this blog, & everything else in my life, I may not be very organized about this new online playground. I didn't know what a wealth of information it contained or the hours you can spend pouring over just about any topic. For my first "official" Pinterest project I made a ribbon rose clip that can be used on a hat or headband for the girls. I grant you it's not perfect, but think it will make for some cute pictures. Here's the link to the blog about the ribbon rose making info:
http://flourishes.org/2010/04/flourishes-focus-floral-frenzy/
Here's a pic of my 1st finished rolled ribbon rose with some little added embellishments that I had laying around in my craft basket.
I used a scrap of this lavender satin ribbon that was really wide--that's why the ends look frayed, but I kind of liked how that looked so am not going to worry about it. I put a
little slide hair clip on the back (it's not this actual one, but you can get some that are similar at walmart/target), no sewing involved...since I have no sewing talent whatsoever, but I did use my little mini glue gun to do all of this. Here's a pic of it clipped on a hat that my mom made the girls, it matches perfectly & really gives it a different look.
 |
| Kind of wish it was in my size...lol, no really ;) |
Hope you all have a wonderful day! These little hair clips can be kind of pricey in boutiques or on etsy, so I thought this momma may as well learn to make them, if I can do it, anyone can. Here's a pic of all the ones I've made so far. It really is fun, quick, & easy :)
 |
| Guess I got a little crazy with the tulle! |
 |
| The double ribbon rose....ohhhhh, ahhhh! |
 |
| I know a certain blue eyed baby girl who may look gorgeous wearing this one |
 |
| Looks great on a blue hat that Jessie & Ella have |
No comments :
Post a Comment