Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

The power of window light & Ella 8 months old Part II

Well, what can I say I guess I'm becoming one of those stay at home moms that is obsessed with photography.  I can truly say it is just a hobby, but one which I enjoy b/c of my two adorable little models.  I've almost finished my latest book Photographing Children & I really feel like it has elevated my skill level.  The biggest take home point for me has been the power of light in photography.  Really that's how every photo is captured & it can give emotion to pics.  Now some of you may be thinking, she needs to get back to dentistry (she sounds bored--not really, trust me, never a dull moment around here)--and I will, but for now I'm enjoying learning this new skill.  So the other day when I did Ella's 8 month pics I tried one of the techniques of using window light to light my subjects.  Here are some more of these pics, including my elusive toddler.  I really think the window light in these gives an antique look it also makes things look peaceful around here...not really that peaceful all the time, but if light can do that, maybe I need fewer window coverings.  Anyway, enjoy some of my latest experiments.  Have a wonderful day!
Not an easy task to include this toddler in any pics

yeah--she's about to run for it



Really like this one of her

It almost looks like I could sort of get them in the same pic...not easy at all


Telling me about the "moon" or sun as it actually was

Trying to show me she's 2

Couldn't decide if I liked this one better sepia

Or better in color??

You can really see the detail on the dress here

I so wish for a pic of the 2 of them together...this is about as close as it gets

Still hoping it will happen soon

Jessica making a break for it

Lounging on the bed

Very antique looking to me

Just loved the light in this one

No comments :

Post a Comment